Desirable as it was in itself, complete with complete with oxygen mask, microphone assembly and headphone connections, the helmet offered in Shrewsbury was named to F/Lt. Kennard, dated Feb ’42.
A Hugh Charles Kennard (DFC) was promoted to a flight lieutenant in 1941 and assisted in the formation of 121 Squadron. He was made squadron leader in early 1942 and was shot down and wounded in July of that year while participating in a bomber-escort mission.
Despite that, he returned to flying as a squadron leader in 1943 and finally relinquished his commission in 1959.